SS Eats: Fig & Olive - Sensible Stylista

SS Eats: Fig & Olive

Last week, I dined at Fig & Olive DC for lunch to sample their new Spring menu with a friend, and suffice it to say, everything was on point.  Their menu's crafted around carefully-selected ingredients for genuine taste and seasonality - they're all about the best olive oils and flavors from the Riviera and Coastal regions of the south of France, Italy and Spain. They have a large variety of extra virgin olive oils, and diners are offered three for tasting at the beginning of each meal (pictured below).
I don't remember where the oils came from, but I can tell you that they were all delicious. The accompanying rosemary olive oil fougasse bread was to die for.  I'd go back for the bread alone!  It was so soft and fresh - it seriously melted in my mouth.
My friend and I then ordered crostinis to share! These were delectable - each and every one had a unique flavor profile.  My personal favorite was the goat cheese, but my friend enjoyed the proscuitto more.  Here are the 6 we ordered:

1.  pea, asparagus, ricotta lemon thyme 
2.  burrata, tomato, pesto, balsamic 
3.  goat cheese, caramelized onion, chive
4.  manchego, fig, marcona almond
5.  octopus, hummus, pimenton 
6.  proscuitto, ricotta, fig, olive, walnut
For my entree, I ordered the Grilled Thyme Chicken Paillard - the chicken breast was seasoned with lemon & thyme and presented with aarugula, spinach, brussels sprouts, pickled red onion, and haricot vert salad.  My friend ordered the Fig & Olive Tajine, a Moroccan spiced chicken served with prune, olive, carrot, chickpea, toasted almond, and celery root long turnips, accompanied by a cilantro and harissa couscous. Both plates came with sides, but we got two additional ones for good measure: cremini mushrooms with thyme & shallot and olive oil chive mashed potatoes.  The mash was especially nomtastic!
A close-up shot of my friend's Fig & Olive Tajine.
Fig & Olive is located in CityCenterDC!  The 10,000 square foot restaurant captures the essence of the French Riviera. The decor will seriously blow you away - the place just oozes class.  As a plus, their Alfresco terrance is open to guests during the spring & summer.

A huge thanks to TAA PR & Fig & Olive for having me!

4 comments

  1. Yum, it loos so delicious!

    Beatriz ♥
    http://beatriz-pedrosa.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  2. the food looks delicious
    Keep in touch
    www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com
    www.indianbeautydiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delicious dishes and perfect photos!
    Happy new week.

    http://www.inatrendytown.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks amazing! :) I'm definitely going there for my next DC trip!

    Julia
    http://www.thephillyphotoblog.com/

    ReplyDelete