The Utility Jacket - Sensible Stylista

The Utility Jacket

I know today's workwear wednesday, but I broke tradition and styled a casual fall look for you guys. I hope that's ok - things have been a little cray, and I totally forgot to shoot an office-friendly ensemble.  To be honest, I haven't been feeling great lately.  My life is ridiculous right now, and the stress is getting to me.  I think I just have too much on my plate.  This is year 5 of my doctorate, and I still have a ways to go.  Sometimes I wish I could hit pause.  If I could spend a year focusing on JUST my studies, I know I could knock my doctoral requirements out, but that's obviously out of the question.  Sorry to get all negative nancy on you guys - I promise to return to my perky self soon!

Anywho, let's talk fashion. I've always been a huge fan of the military trend, but camo's not really my style.  I'm all about utility jackets - I may or may not own 4 different versions, ha. This chic version is from Left on Houston - if you're interested you can purchase it here for $139.12 (originally $252.95). I know it's steep, but it's seriously worth every penny.  LOH is legit - their quality is as good as any designer brand you'll find at Neiman Marcus.  If this is out of your price range, don't fret.  I'll share more affordable versions with you guys below!
Jeans:  Bongo || Boots:  Shoetopia ($36.99) || Top:  c/o Velvet Heart || Jacket:  Left on Houston

As promised, here are affordable jacket options for you guys (all under $75):
Moving on, I wore my new button-front c/o Velvet Heart underneath (available here for $88).  This top has roll sleeves and a split-tail back, and it's made of tencel so it's extra soft.  As an additional plus, you can wear this with leggings because it covers your butt!  I've been endorsing VH for years now because they're one of my favorite brands.  If you like James Perse and/or Vince, you'll adore LOH - talk about style with ease!

4 comments